Close up of ex-LMS 5MT 4-6-0 No 45349 is seen shunting alongside No 1 shed at Coventry Goods Yard circa 1962. Coventry's locomotive shed had been closed for a number of years so the 'Black Five' must have been diagramed from another shed, most likely Nuneaton or Rugby, to work at Coventry Goods Yard. Built by Armstrong Whitworth Company in May 1937, No 45349 was renumbered by British Railways in August 1948 which it retained until November 1967 when it was withdrawn from 5B Crewe South shed to be scrapped by J Cashmore's of Great Bridge.
This photograph is displayed courtesy of the RCTS (Railway Correspondence and Travel Society) and copies can be ordered directly from them using the link here. Please quote RE00051C.