LMS Route: Rugby to Wolverhampton
Marston Green Station: lnwrmg1594
Ex-LMS 4-6-0 5MT No 45344 is seen at the head of an
engineering department's loading gauge clearance test train on 24th April 1954.
Careful observation will show the test profile projecting above the rear of the
coach. The track appears to have been re-laid and it was normal practice to
check the loading gauge after such engineering works to ensure trains did not
foul lineside structures. Built as LMS No 5344 by the Armstrong Whitworth
Company in April 1937 it remained in service until August 1966 when it was
withdrawn from Croes Newydd shed near Wrexham to be delivered to J Cashmore of
Great Bridge on 3rd March 1967.