LMS Route: Hampton in Arden to Whitacre
Coleshill (Maxstoke) Station: mrcm170
View of the station now abandoned with the level crossing in
the foreground with the down signal still evident on the left circa 1949. The
line was severed on 12th January 1935 when the timber bridge over the River
Blythe, approximately at mid-point along the line, was condemned as being to
weak to carry the train. A local goods train still ran to Maxstoke until 30
April 1939 when the Whitacre end of the branch was used as 'crippled wagon'