·  LMS  ·  GWR  ·  LNER  ·  Misc  ·  Stations  ·  What's New  ·  Video  ·  Guestbook  ·  About

Clifford Chambers Sidings

LMS Route: The Shakespeare Route

Clifford Chambers Sidings took its name from the nearby village of Clifford Chambers. This was a single track siding reached by facing points in the down direction and were operated by a ground frame. The siding was located next to the Stratford upon Avon to Shipston-on-Stour road bridge which passed over the railway in parallel to the Stratford & Moreton Tramway bridge. The siding was used primarily for the handling of road mending materials with some local farm traffic.

Looking to Fenny Compton from the road bridge with the single line section starting at the end of the siding
Ref: smjc93
RK Cope
Looking to Fenny Compton from the road bridge with the single line section starting at the end of the siding
Looking from the embankment by the road bridge to the Stratford Morton Tramway
Ref: smjc96
Mowatt Collection
Looking from the embankment by the road bridge to the Stratford Morton Tramway
Looking to Fenny Compton prior to the doubling of the track in 1942 in the direction of Stratford on Avon
Ref: smjc98
LGRP
Looking to Fenny Compton prior to the doubling of the track in 1942 in the direction of Stratford on Avon
Location plan of Clifford Bridge Sidings after the doubling of the track in 1942
Ref: smjc97
Ordnance Survey
Ordnance Survey diagram showing Clifford Sidings after the line was doubled to milepost 37¼ in 1942