LMS Route: Birmingham New Street to Nuneaton
Stockingford Station: mrs1081
View of a Stockingford Colliery 7-plank open coal wagon
which was built in 1902 by Gloucester Railway Carriage & Wagon Company Ltd.
The two signs give extra information - actual build date was November 1902 with
wagon details being 14 ft 6 ins long by 6 ft 11 ins wide by 4 ft 0 ins tall.
Not stated is the distance between the two axles which would have 9 ft ins. The
main body of the wagon was painted in 'Lead Colour' whilst the lettering was
white with black shading. Pete Lee surmises in his British Railways
Journal article that the reference to Atherstone on the side of the wagon
would have been because the Colliery's offices had been located in the postal
district of Atherstone.