·  LMS  ·  GWR  ·  LNER  ·  Misc  ·  Stations  ·  What's New  ·  Video  ·  Guestbook  ·  About

Curzon Street Goods Station

LMS Route: Rugby to Wolverhampton
LMS Route: Birmingham - Soho Road - Perry Barr - Birmingham
LMS Route: Birmingham New Street to Lichfield

London & Birmingham and Great Junction Railway Stations (20) Curzon Street Engine House (8)
Curzon Street Excursion Station (5) Curzon Street Goods Station (83)

As the eighteenth century had been the period of canal construction, the nineteenth was to be the century of railway making. Birmingham businessmen were shrewd enough to hail the coming of the 'iron-horse', and gave hearty support to the new industry. Lines between Birmingham and Liverpool opened in 1837 also lines between Birmingham and London in 1838 were the first to be constructed in Birmingham. The Aris's Gazette of July 10th, 1837, comments: -'At an early hour on Tuesday morning, the town of Birmingham was in a state of great commotion and excitement, owing to the public opening of the Railway. Soon after five o'clock streets leading in the direction of Vauxhall were crowded with persons of all ranks anxious to be witnesses of the first public travelling on this most important line of railway'. 'At seven o'clock precisely, the bell rang, and the opening train, drawn by the “Wildfire” engine, commenced moving. The train consisted of eight carriages, and bearing the following names: - The Greyhound, The Swallow, The Liverpool and Birmingham Mail, The Celerity, The Umpire, The Statesman, and The Birmingham and Manchester Mails. The train started slowly, but, upon emerging from the yard, speedily burst off at a rapid pace. To those who for the first time witnessed such a scene, it was peculiarly exciting, and the immense multitude, as far as the eye could reach, gave expression to their admiration by loud and long-continued cheering, and the waving of hats and handkerchiefs.'

The first Railway Station in Birmingham at Curzon Street was still being built and therefore a temporary station was erected at nearby Vauxhall. Built by Philip Harwick and opened in 1838, Curzon Street Station cost of £26,000 and included accommodation for refreshment rooms, engineers office and directors apartments. Harwick's imposing entrance to Curzon Street station was built on similar lines to his Doric Arch erected at London's Euston Station at cost £35,000 the two stations being at the start and finish of Robert Stephenson's 112 miles long London to Birmingham Line. The line cost £5.5 million, took over 20,000 navies five years to build and was completed in 1838. Trains using the route were equipped with closed and open vehicles plus flat bed wagons on which the gentry could transport their own road. Second Class passengers had the option of a closed carriage if travelling by night by night or a cheaper open wagon if travelling during the day. Third Class passengers travelled in open trucks. By 1850 the time taken to travel the 112 miles had considerably reduced with the time taken to travel from Birmingham to London now being four hours and thirty minutes. The cost was £1-0s-0d for First Class passengers, 15s-0d for Second Class passengers and 9s-4½d for Third Class passengers. Curzon Street was superceded as the terminus of the London to Birmingham line when New Street station was opened in 1854 becoming the main station for LNWR and MR services origination from and arriving in Birmingham. Curzon Street station became a goods station. In 1914 leading up to the Great War more than two-thousand men were employed together with 600 horses and 900 wagons.

If you are interested in knowing more about Curzon Street Goods Station you can do no better than to read Richard Foster's series of books on Birmingham New Street - The Story of a Great Station including Curzon Street published by Wild Swan Publications Ltd of Didcot. I would like to take this opportunity of crediting Richard Foster as being the source for much of the rich information provided in the captions to the photographs.

View of Hardwick's structure with on the right the main enterances to the cartage yard with the main goods shed behind
Ref: lnwrcs1502
Public Records Office
View of Hardwick's structure and the main entrances to the cartage yard with the main goods shed behind
The main building in New Canal Street a hundred years to the day since the first through passenger train arrived
Ref: lnwrcs3860
FE Box
The main building in New Canal Street 100 years to the day since the first through passenger train arrived
View of the rear of Hardwick's building on the left and the 1840 hotel extension seen from Curzon Street
Ref: lnwrcs2132
TJ Edgington
View of the rear of Hardwick's building on the left and the 1840 hotel extension seen from Curzon Street
View of the grand doorway to Hardwick's main building with the L & B coat of arms sited on top of the ornate borrowed light
Ref: lnwrcs2151
B Matthews
View of the grand doorway to Hardwick's main building with the L & B coat of arms sited on top of the borrowed light
View of one of Franklin's gates in the screen wall built for the Grand Junction station from across the yard
Ref: lnwrcs2134
DP Rowland
View of one of Franklin's gates in the screen wall built for the Grand Junction station from across the yard

A 1966 view of the rear of the Hardwick's original station building, clearly showing the 1841 hotel addition
Ref: lnwrcs3865
Historic England
A 1966 view of the rear of the Hardwick's original station building, clearly showing the 1841 hotel addition
View of Hardwick's original station building, in use as goods offices with the 1841 hotel addition to its left in 1938
Ref: lnwrcs3867
Historic England
View of Hardwick's original station building, in use as goods offices with the 1841 hotel addition to its left
The central part of the Grand Junction Railway station screen wall, showing the series of linked neo-Roman triumphal arches.
Ref: lnwrcs3866
Historic England
The central part of the GJR station screen wall, showing the series of linked neo-Roman triumphal arches.
Looking east along Curzon St with the screen wall of the GJR station and the accumulator tower on left
Ref: lnwrcs3868
Historic England
Looking east along Curzon St with the screen wall of the GJR station and the accumulator tower on left
The opposite side of the Edison battery powered electric three-ton goods lorry but with the same message on its banners
Ref: lnwrcs3861
Historical England
The level crossing over Curzon Street with the tracks leading to the original L&BR goods depot in 1966

Notice board erected on the former hotel extension on the corner of Canal Street and Curzon Street in the 1950s
Ref: lnwrcs2147
RS Carpenter
Notice board erected on the former hotel extension on the corner of Canal Street and Curzon Street in the 1950s
View of the former hotel's dining room which was subsequently converted as the forwarding office
Ref: lnwrcs2106
NRM
View of the former hotel's dining room which was subsequently converted as the forwarding office
A view of the interior of Curzon Street Goods Station's goods forwarding office taken in 1913
Ref: lnwrcs1501
Public Records Office
A view of the interior of Curzon Street Goods Station's goods forwarding office taken in 1913
View of Curzon Street's goods forwarding office on the ground floor in the former dining room of the hotel
Ref: lnwrcs2155
N Howell
View of Curzon Street's goods forwarding office on the ground floor in the former dining room of the hotel
The LMS office situated inside Birmingham Corporation's Smithfield wholesale fruit and vegetable market
Ref: lnwrcs2123
NRM
The LMS office situated inside Birmingham Corporation's Smithfield wholesale fruit and vegetable market

Close up showing the two stations in the Ackerman perspective of Birmingham in 1845 with Proof House
Ref: lnwrcs2173a
Birmingham Libraries
Close up showing the two stations in the Ackerman perspective of Birmingham in 1845 with Proof House
An Ackerman perspective of Birmingham in 1845 showing the L & B and GJ stations at Curzon Street
Ref: lnwrcs2173
Birmingham Libraries
An Ackerman perspective of Birmingham in 1845 showing the L & B and GJ stations at Curzon Street

Views of the yard

Looking towards the road entrance to the depot via Canal Street with the Grain Warehouse on the right
Ref: lnwrcs1278
Anon
Looking towards the road entrance to the depot via Canal Street with the Grain Warehouse on the right
A panoramic elevated view of Curzon Street Goods Station from Vauxhall viaduct seen on 25th July 1955
Ref: lnwrcs2316
DJ Norton
A panoramic elevated view of Curzon Street Goods Station from Vauxhall viaduct seen on 25th July 1955
Close up showing Proof House junction alongside Curzon Street's former Excursion Station buildings
Ref: lnwrcs2316a
DJ Norton
Close up showing Proof House junction alongside Curzon Street's former Excursion Station buildings
Close up showing Curzon Street No 1 signal cabin in company with two unidentified ex-LMS 2-6-0 'Stanier Crabs'
Ref: lnwrcs2316b
DJ Norton
Close up showing Curzon Street No 1 signal cabin in company with two unidentified ex-LMS 2-6-0 'Stanier Crabs'
Close up showing sidings Nos 21 to 36 with an ex-LMS 0-6-0 Diesel shunter working adjacent to the former GJR station
Ref: lnwrcs2316c
DJ Norton
Close up showing sidings Nos 21 to 36 with an ex-LMS 0-6-0 Diesel shunter working adjacent to the former GJR station

Looking towards Curzon Street No 1 signal cabin and the 'overhead' lines with the grain warehouse on the left in 1912
Ref: lnwrcs1503
Public Records Office
Looking towards Curzon Street No 1 signal cabin and the 'overhead' lines with the grain warehouse on the left in 1912
Close up showing Curzon Street No 1 signal cabin and a LNWR train standing on Vauxhall viaduct
Ref: lnwrcs1503a
Public Records Office
Close up showing Curzon Street No 1 signal cabin and a LNWR train standing on Vauxhall viaduct
View of a wagon being shunted by capstan power on one of Curzon Street's cross lines and turntables
Ref: lnwrcs1498
Public Records Office
View of a wagon being shunted by capstan power on one of Curzon Street's cross lines and turntables
Close up showing one of the powered capstans being operated by a capstanman in order to pull the van
Ref: lnwrcs1498a
Public Records Office
Close up showing one of the powered capstans being operated by a capstanman in order to pull the van
One of the LMS' wagons being turned on the cross line and turntables located in front of the warehouse
Ref: lnwrcs2109
LMS Magazine
One of the LMS' wagons being turned on the cross line and turntables located in front of the warehouse

View showing some of the turntables, capstans and warehouses in the top yard at Curzon Street station
Ref: lnwrcs2144
J Strange
View showing some of the turntables, capstans and warehouses in the top yard at Curzon Street station
View of two wagon turntables demonstrating how wagons could be directed along tracks at oblique angles
Ref: lnwrcs2111
J Strange
View of two wagon turntables demonstrating how wagons could be directed along tracks at oblique angles
The east end of Top Yard viewed from Curzon Street with the two-storey infirmary stable block at the far end
Ref: lnwrcs2120
J Strange
The east end of Top Yard viewed from Curzon Street with the two-storey infirmary stable block at the far end
A 1966 view looking towards the former GJR arrival platform now home to Curzon Street's fruit wharf
Ref: lnwrcs2117
M Christensen
A 1966 view looking towards the former GJR arrival platform now home to Curzon Street's fruit wharf
Looking to the far end of Top Yard from Curzon Street level crossing gates with the weighbridge in the left
Ref: lnwrcs2146
J Strange
Looking to the far end of Top Yard from Curzon Street level crossing gates with the weighbridge in the left

An aerial view showing part of Top Yard, Curzon Street level crossing and the former L & B departure train shed
Ref: lnwrcs2108
AH Baker
An aerial view showing part of Top Yard, Curzon Street level crossing and the former L & B departure train shed
View taken on 10th January 1966 of the original L & B trainshed to the arrival platform being demolished
Ref: lnwrcs2121
Network Rail
View taken on 10th January 1966 of the original L & B trainshed to the arrival platform being demolished
A special cargo of glass-lined metal tanks each weighing 4 tons is being unloaded by Banbury Street's mobile crane
Ref: lnwrcs2131
LMS Magazine
A special cargo of glass-lined metal tanks each weighing 4½ tons is being unloaded by Banbury Street's mobile crane
A LMS Container being off-loaded by a travelling crane in Banbury Street goods yard on 3rd February 1932
Ref: lnwrcs2124
NRM
A LMS Container being off-loaded by a travelling crane in Banbury Street goods yard on 3rd February 1932
A special order of wire rope being loaded direct from Wrights Ropes' factory on to MR railway wagons
Ref: lnwrcs2125
NRM
A special order of wire rope being loaded direct from Wrights Ropes' factory on to MR railway wagons

A colour view of some of the trackside huts and offices located at Curzon Street Goods Station circa 1965
Ref: lnwrcs3863
Anon
A colour view of some of the trackside huts and offices located at Curzon Street Goods Station circa 1965
Cattle landing in Banbury St looking towards the GJ station with the MR down home signal just above the shed
Ref: lnwrcs1496
Public Records Office
Cattle landing in Banbury St looking towards the GJ station with the MR down home signal just above the shed
Birmingham Corporation's cattle market from Lawley Street viaduct with Montague Street on the left
Ref: lnwrcs2158
Public Records Office
Birmingham Corporation's cattle market from Lawley Street viaduct with Montague Street on the left
Close up of the holding pens at Birmingham Corporation's Banbury Street cattle market as seen in 1912
Ref: lnwrcs2158a
Public Records Office
Close up of the holding pens at Birmingham Corporation's Banbury Street cattle market as seen in 1912

Inside the Warehouses

Interior view of the warehouse at Curzon Street's showing different types of general goods being unloaded
Ref: lnwrcs1279
NRM
Interior view of the warehouse at Curzon Street's showing different types of general goods being unloaded
An internal view of Curzon Street warehouse's departure platform with various goods being exported
Ref: lnwrcs1280
NRM
An internal view of Curzon Street warehouse's departure platform with various goods being exported
A view of a gang in the process of transferring merchandise from a LMS electrical trolley to a van
Ref: lnwrcs2107
NRM
A view of a gang in the process of transferring merchandise from a LMS electrical trolley to a van
A LNWR electric trolley being demonstrated on the loading deck at Curzon Street Goods Station in 1913
Ref: lnwrcs1500
Public Records Office
A LNWR electric trolley being demonstrated on the loading deck at Curzon Street Goods Station in 1913
A Curzon Street deck gang transferring merchandise from the road vehicle unloading dock into a van
Ref: lnwrcs2156
NRM
A Curzon Street deck gang transferring merchandise from the road vehicle unloading dock into a van

A LNWR electric trolley being used to transfer packing cases of seed potatoes on 25th September 1928
Ref: lnwrcs2110
NRM
A LNWR electric trolley being used to transfer packing cases of seed potatoes on 25th September 1928
View of the main landing deck at the New Canal Street end of Curzon Street's warehouse on 25th September 1938
Ref: lnwrcs2112
NRM
View of the main landing deck at the New Canal Street end of Curzon Street's warehouse on 25th September 1938
From the New Canal Street end of the warehouse looking towards the sidings on 25th September 1938
Ref: lnwrcs2154
N Howell
From the New Canal Street end of the warehouse looking towards the sidings on 25th September 1938
Close up showing the deck on a Sunday devoid of the frenetic activity that was the rule for six days each week
Ref: lnwrcs2154a
N Howell
Close up showing the deck on a Sunday devoid of the frenetic activity that was the rule for six days each week
A second view from the New Canal Street end of the warehouse looking towards the sidings
Ref: lnwrcs2113
N Howell
A second view from the New Canal Street end of the warehouse looking towards the sidings

View of part of the former cab area to the Grand Junction Railway's arrival platform showing the ad-hoc extension
Ref: lnwrcs2129
J Strange
View of part of the former cab area to the Grand Junction Railway's arrival platform showing the ad-hoc extension
Another view of the fruit shed stacked with produce seen on Sunday 25th September 1938 ready for distribution
Ref: lnwrcs2127
N Howell
Another view of the fruit shed stacked with produce seen on Sunday 25th September 1938 ready for distribution
A view looking towards the buffer stops of the former GJR arrival platform now converted to handling fruit
Ref: lnwrcs2114
Birmingham Post & Mail
A view looking towards the buffer stops of the former GJR arrival platform now converted to handling fruit
An interior view of the Fruit shed looking towards the main line in 1966 with the new parcels concentration depot
Ref: lnwrcs2128
B Matthews
Interior view of the Fruit shed looking towards the main line in 1966 together with the new parcels concentration depot
Another view of the former GJR arrival platform being used as the fruit wharf on 17th February 1938
Ref: lnwrcs2153
FE Box
Another view of the former GJR arrival platform being used as the fruit wharf on 17th February 1938

Close up showing the floor mounted scales used for weighing the produce capable of being manhandled
Ref: lnwrcs2153a
FE Box
Close up showing the floor mounted scales used for weighing the produce capable of being manhandled
An internal view of inside the grain warehouse which was located on the first floor of the GJR departure platform
Ref: lnwrcs2137
J Strange
An internal view of inside the grain warehouse which was located on the first floor of the GJR departure platform
View of one of former GJR station's waiting rooms now being used as a store for high value metals
Ref: lnwrcs2152
LMS Magazine
View of one of former GJR station's waiting rooms now being used as a store for high value metals
The cellars below the L & B Curzon Street station which were built taking advantage of the sloping site
Ref: lnwrcs1499
Public Records Office
The cellars below the L & B Curzon Street station which were built taking advantage of the sloping site
The new paper warehouse built to accommodate the requirements of the Post, Mail Gazette and Despatch
Ref: lnwrcs2126
LMS Magazine
The new paper warehouse built to accommodate the requirements of the Post, Mail Gazette and Despatch

The London, Midland & Scottish Railway's Birmingham Curzon Street goods depot, about 1935
Ref: lnwrcs3864
NRM
The London, Midland & Scottish Railway's Birmingham Curzon Street goods depot, about 1935

Cartage services

Stableman Jones with his prize winning bay horse from Curzon Street 'The Colonel', winner of the 1932 Show
Ref: lnwrcs2105
LMS Magazine
Stableman Jones with 'The Colonel', his prize winning bay horse from Curzon Street winner of the 1932 Show
First interior view of the top floor of the infirmary stable block at the back of Top Yard 30 yrs after the last horse left
Ref: lnwrcs2142
Anon
First interior view of the top floor of the infirmary stable block at the back of Top Yard 30 yrs after the last horse left
Second interior view of the top floor of the infirmary stable block at the back of Top Yard 30 yrs after the last horse left
Ref: lnwrcs2139
Anon
Second interior view of the top floor of the infirmary stable block at the back of Top Yard 30 yrs after the last horse left
Third interior view of the top floor of the infirmary stable block at the back of Top Yard 30 yrs after the last horse left
Ref: lnwrcs2140
Anon
Third interior view of the top floor of the infirmary stable block at the back of Top Yard 30 yrs after the last horse left
Fourth interior view of the top floor of the infirmary stable block at the back of Top Yard 30 yrs after the last horse left
Ref: lnwrcs2141
Anon
Fourth interior view of the top floor of the infirmary stable block at the back of Top Yard 30 yrs after the last horse left

A cart load of hay being weighed at Smithfield Market prior to being sold at the corn and fodder markets
Ref: lnwrcs2160
CC Green
A cart load of hay being weighed at Smithfield Market prior to being sold at the corn and fodder markets
Curzon Street's motorised road transport fleet displayed in the fomer GJR yard for the photographer in 1912
Ref: lnwrcs1497
Public Records Office
Curzon Street's motorised road transport fleet displayed in the fomer GJR yard for the photographer in 1912
Close up showing the fleet of primarily light motor lorries together with a sole example of a lorry for medium loads
Ref: lnwrcs1497a
Public Records Office
Close up showing the fleet of primarily light motor lorries together with a sole example of a lorry for medium loads
Close up showing Curzon Street's steam powered lorry for transporting very heavy loads throughout the city
Ref: lnwrcs1497b
Public Records Office
Close up showing Curzon Street's steam powered lorry for transporting very heavy loads throughout the city
An aerial view of motor tractor units parked on the site of the former paper warehouse located in the Top Yard
Ref: lnwrcs2133
AH Baker
An aerial view of motor tractor units parked on the site of the former paper warehouse located in the Top Yard

People

View of female staff employed at the Curzon Street District Goods Manager's Office in the 1890s
Ref: lnwrcs2159
A Parks
View of female staff employed at the Curzon Street District Goods Manager's Office in the 1890s
A photograph of Curzon Street District Goods Manager's office staff taken on September 1938
Ref: lnwrcs2122
Mrs W Brunton
A photograph of Curzon Street District Goods Manager's office staff taken on September 1938
A photograph of Curzon Street District Goods Accounts Department (Abstracts) office staff in September 1938
Ref: lnwrcs2130
Mrs W Brunton
A photograph of Curzon Street District Goods Accounts Department (Abstracts) office staff in September 1938

A 'Win the War' procession to recruit women into the railway service in September 1918

Close up of the 1864 plan showing the expanded facilities of Top Yard at Curzon Street Goods Station
Ref: lnwrcs3850
LNWR Society Rte042
Part of the L&NWR's 'Win the War' campaign to recruit women into the railway service in September 1918
A close up of the three ton Foden steam lorry bearing the fleet No 8A and the registration number M9699
Ref: lnwrcs3851
LNWR Society Rte042
A close up of the Foden steam lorry bearing the fleet No 8A and the registration number M9699
Close up of the 1864 plan showing the expanded facilities of Top Yard at Curzon Street Goods Station
Ref: lnwrcs3852
LNWR Society Rte042
Leyland S 30 T motor lorry Fleet No 52B, Reg No LE 9568 built originally as a double decker bus
Close up of the 1864 plan showing the expanded facilities of Top Yard at Curzon Street Goods Station
Ref: lnwrcs3853
LNWR Society Rte042
Leyland S 30 T lorry Fleet No 33B, registration number LF 9199, also built originally as a double decker bus
A Commer motor lorry heads a small procession of a steam lorry and an electric powered lorry as part of the parade in September 1918
Ref: lnwrcs3854
LNWR Society Rte042
A Commer motor lorry heads a steam lorry and an electric powered lorry in the parade in September 1918

L&NWR officials from the different part of the railway, including a lady supervisor, stand in front of the parade in September 1918
Ref: lnwrcs3855
LNWR Society Rte042
L&NWR officials from the different part of the railway, including a lady supervisor, stand in front of the parade
Commor motor lorry Fleet No 43B, registration number BM 2622, was originally built in 1913 as a bus
Ref: lnwrcs3856
LNWR Society Rte042
Commor motor lorry Fleet No 43B, registration number BM 2622, was originally built in 1913 as a bus
Foden three-ton steam lorry, Fleet No 7A registration number M 9698, built in June 1918 joins the parade in September 1918
Ref: lnwrcs3857
LNWR Society Rte042
Foden three-ton steam lorry, Fleet No 7A Reg No M 9698, built in June 1918 joins the parade in September 1918
An Edison battery powered electric three-ton goods lorry, Fleet No 65BE registration number 6828 in September 1918
Ref: lnwrcs3858
LNWR Society Rte042
An Edison battery powered electric three-ton goods lorry, Fleet No 65BE Reg No 6828 in September 1918
The opposite side of the Edison battery powered electric three-ton goods lorry but with the same message on its banners
Ref: lnwrcs3859
LNWR Society Rte042
Opposite side of the Edison battery powered electric 3-ton goods lorry but with the same message on its banners

Ordnance Survey Maps and schematic Drawings

Map showing Birmingham's three principle stations serving London, Derby, Manchester and Liverpool in 1845
Ref: lnwrcs2174
R Foster
Map showing Birmingham's three principle stations in 1845 serving London, Derby, Manchester and Liverpool
An over all plan showing the routes into Curzon Street Goods Station's sidings and warehouses in 1864
Ref: lnwrcs2165
R Foster
An over all plan showing the routes into Curzon Street Goods Station's sidings and warehouses in 1864
Close up of the 1864 plan showing the interchange of lines between the former L & B, GJR and B & G lines
Ref: lnwrcs2165a
R Foster
Close up of the 1864 plan showing the interchange of lines between the former L & B, GJR and B & G lines
Close up of the 1864 plan showing the original Banbury Street cattle sidings and Curzon Street's main warehouse
Ref: lnwrcs2165b
R Foster
Close up of the 1864 plan showing the original Banbury Street cattle sidings and Curzon Street's main warehouse
Close up of the 1864 plan showing the expanded facilities of Top Yard at Curzon Street Goods Station
Ref: lnwrcs2165c
R Foster
Close up of the 1864 plan showing the expanded facilities of Top Yard at Curzon Street Goods Station

An 1888 diagrammatic plan of Curzon Street showing Lawley Street Junction and Curzon Street Wharf sidings
Ref: lnwrcs2162
R Foster
An 1888 diagrammatic plan of Curzon Street showing Lawley Street Junction and Curzon Street Wharf sidings
Part of an 1888 diagramatic plan of Curzon Street showing Lawley Street Junction and Curzon Street Wharf sidings
Ref: lnwrcs2162a
R Foster
Part of an 1888 diagrammatic plan of Curzon Street showing Lawley Street Junction and Curzon Street Wharf sidings
Part of an 1888 diagrammatic plan of Curzon Street showing the carriage shed and Proof House Junction
Ref: lnwrcs2162b
R Foster
Part of an 1888 diagrammatic plan of Curzon Street showing the carriage shed and Proof House Junction
Part of an 1888 diagrammatic plan of Curzon Street Goods Station showing the sidings and warehouses
Ref: lnwrcs2162c
R Foster
Part of an 1888 diagrammatic plan of Curzon Street Goods Station showing the sidings and warehouses
Plan of the development of Curzon Street's Top Yard and its facilities between 1865 and 1890
Ref: lnwrcs2164
R Foster
Plan of the development of Curzon Street's Top Yard and its facilities between 1865 and 1890

Plan showing the throat of Curzon Street Goods Station including the buildings erected to service the yard
Ref: lnwrcs2161
R Foster
Plan showing the throat of Curzon Street Goods Station including the buildings erected to service the yard
Schematic showing the original routes to New Street station from Aston, Coventry and Gloucester
Ref: lnwrcs2315
J Copsey
Schematic showing the original routes to New Street station from Aston, Coventry and Gloucester
Sketch showing the relationship between the existing lines and the routes of the L&BR, New Street station line and B&OJR
Ref: lnwrcs3869
Historic England
The relationship between the existing lines and the routes of the L&BR, New Street station line and B&OJR
Copy of drawing of the covered landing provided at the Curzon Street Canal Wharf for the L&B Railway
Ref: lnwrcs2175
Anon
Copy of drawing of the covered landing provided at the Curzon Street Canal Wharf for the L&B Railway
List of names of potato salesmen based at Curzon Street top or potato yard from 1870 to 1900
Ref: lnwrcs3862
R Foster
List of names of potato salesmen based at Curzon Street top or potato yard from 1870 to 1900
London & Birmingham and Great Junction Railway Stations (20) Curzon Street Engine House (8)
Curzon Street Excursion Station (5) Curzon Street Goods Station (83)