LMS Route: Rugby to Tamworth
Polesworth Station: lnwr_pol1205
Looking towards the main 1847 station building still more or
less as built but with the replacement signal box and quadrupled tracks on the
right circa 1950s. The boarded walkway across the tracks was called a barrow
crossing as it was used by station staff to wheel luggage and small parcels to
the up platform. Passengers would be required to use the footbridge which was
installed during the quadrupling of the line early in the 20th century.