Ex-LNWR six wheel Luggage Composite coach, M284678 stands in line with others at Aston shed on 4th July 1957. In response to the original caption, Philip Millard of the LNWR Society writes, 'the coach is a former LNWR 30ft 1in Luggage Composite of D.197. There were one hundred and twenty-seven of these built between 1888 and 1894. All survived the grouping, forty remained in 1933, but the type became extinct in revenue service in November 1936. The style of numbers suggests that it was transferred to service stock around that time. Regrettably no records survive which enable these service vehicles to be identified with specific former numbers.'
Photographer James S Doubleday courtesy of John Turner from the 53A Models of Hull Collection