Birmingham New Street - Southern Approaches:
Close up of image 'lnwrbhm_sa414' showing Curzon Street's
station's fish sidings on the left and Proof House signal cabin on the right.
In front of the signal bridge is the bridge carrying the railway over Banbury
Street which formed the boundary of the goods yard adjacent to the fish sidings
which used Curzon Street's former Excursion Station. The remodelling of the
Midland Railway's route into New Street station resulted in the Excursion
Station's platforms being cut back and the loss of a direct Midland Railway
connection. The Excursion Station was therefore closed shortly after and used
as the fish unloading dock. This photograph was taken circa 1946-7 and even
some 100 years after the London to Birmingham Railway Company's arrival in
Birmingham the original building and train shed were still standing adjacent to
the fish sidings.