BR Period Locomotives: lnwrbns_br1770
Ex-LMS 4MT 2-6-4T No 42579 is seen working hard as it enters
Worcester Street tunnel with a train to Coventry on 19th March 1954. Note the
bell hanging from the side of New Street No 1 Signal Cabin which the signalman
used to attract the attention of staff working nearby. Built by the North
British Locomotive Company in September 1936 No 42579 was to remain in service
until June 1962 when it was withdrawn from Bangor shed to be scrapped in
December 1962 by Crewe works.