BR Period Locomotives: lnwrbns_br1802
Ex-LMS 5MT 4-6-0 No 44843 is seen arriving at Platform 7 as
it passes under the bridge carrying the Hill Street and Queens Drive junction
whilst the head of a train from either Worcester or Gloucester in 1953. Built
at Crewe works in October 1944 No 44843 was to remain in service until
September 1967 when it was withdrawn from Crewe South shed and scrapped in
March 1968 by J Cashmore of Great Bridge.