BR Period Locomotives: lnwrbns_br1817
Ex-LMS 4MT 2-6-4T No 42482 is seen standing on the down
middle road between Platforms 3 and 4 whilst acting as station pilot. Built as
LMS No 2482 by Derby works in February 1937 No 42482 was to remain in service
until April 1965 when it was withdrawn from Chester Midland shed to be scrapped
in September 1965 by J Cashmore of Great Bridge.