BR Period Locomotives: lnwrbns_br1819
Ex-Midland Railway 2P 4-4-0 No 40443 is seen standing on
the middle road between Platforms 7 and 8 at the West end of New Street
station. Built at Derby works in July 1893, No 40443 was to remain in service
until January 1961 when it was withdrawn from Toton shed to be scrapped in
October 1961 by A Loom of Spondon near Derby.