BR Period Locomotives: lnwrbns_br1831
Ex-LMS 3P 2-6-2T No 40118 is station pilot on the old LNWR
portion of New Street and is seen marshalling vans alongside the LNWR parcel
depot on 12th June 1958. Throughout the images on the website of New Street
many of the locomotives are seen to be carrying incorrect headcodes and the is
another example as No 40118 is seen carrying the headcode for a Class 'A'
express passenger, breakdown train or snow plough en-route to a job. Built at
Derby works in August 1935 No 40118 was to remain in service for exactly
twenty-six years being withdrawn in August 1961 from Carnforth shed and
scrapped in October 1961 by Crewe works.