BR Period Locomotives: lnwrbns_br1958
Ex-Midland Railway 2P 4-4-0 No 512 is seen on the middle
road between Platforms 9 and 10 whilst acting as station pilot engine on 15th
August 1949. Built by Sharp Stewart and Company in November 1899 No 512 was to
have only a brief working life after this photograph was taken being withdrawn
six months later in January 1950 from Saltley shed to be scrapped in January
1950 at Derby works.