BR Period Locomotives: lnwrbns_br1961
Ex-LNWR 2F 0-6-0 'Cauliflower' No 28619 is seen standing in
Fish Dock sidings which were located adjacent to Hill Street on 21st May 1948.
The former LNWR locomotive would not normally have been seen on the 'Midland'
side of the station and must have been transferring vehicles from one side to
another. Built as LNWR No 684 by Crewe works in May 1902 No 28619 was
renumbered by the LMS twice, the last time being in May 1945 when it was placed
on the duplicate list by adding 20000 to its original LMS number. In April 1949
it was renumbered by British Railways as No 58429 which it retained until
February 1953 when it was withdrawn from Chester Midland shed to be scrapped by