BR Period Locomotives: lnwrbns_br1994
Ex-LMS 4MT 2-6-4T No 42560 is seen standing at Platform 3
after arriving on the 7:17am Rugeley to New Street service on 5th April 1958.
Stanier's 2-6-4T variant of the earlier Fowler version was considered by some
enginemen as not being as strong but its more modern design meant that it had
lower maintenance costs and better reliability. Built by the North British
Locomotive Company in August 1936 No 42560 was to remain in service until April
1964 when it was withdrawn from Springs Branch shed in Wigan to be scrapped in
August 1964 by the Central Wagon Company of Ince also in Wigan.