BR Period Locomotives: lnwrbns_br1999
Ex-LMS 5MT 4-6-0 No 45426 is seen entering Platform 9
adjacent to No 2 Signal Cabin at the head of the down Devonian on 15th April
1961. Built by the Armstrong Whitworth Company in October 1937 No 45426 was to
remain in service until March 1968 when it was withdrawn from Edge Hill shed in
Liverpool to be scrapped in August 1968, the last month of steam operation on
British Railways, by J Buttigieg of Newport.