BR Period Locomotives: lnwrbns_br2889
Ex-LMS 6P Rebuilt Royal Scot Class 4-6-0 No 46128 'Lovatt
Scouts' departs platform 3 on an up express in 1957. Built by the North British
Locomotive Company in September 1927 as a parallel boilered locomotive, No
46128 was rebuilt when its boiler and cylinders were life-expired and its
smokebox becoming difficult to keep airtight. The locomotive remained in
service in this new form until May 1965 when it was withdrawn from 8F Springs
Branch near Wigan.