BR Period Locomotives: lnwrbns_br2958
Ex-LMS 6P 4-6-0 No 46140 'The Kings Royal Rifle Corps'
departs platform 7 with an up express service in the 1960s. Seen in its rebuilt
form, No 46140 was a member of the Royal Scot Class and was originally built in
October 1927 by the North British Locomotive Company based in Glasgow.
Following its rebuilding, No 46140 was to remain in this form until October
1965 when it was withdrawn from 12A Kingmoor shed in Carlisle.