Birmingham New Street Station
BR Period Locomotives: lnwrbns_br323
Ex-LMS 5XP 4-6-0 Jubilee class No 45623 'Palestine' is seen
standing at the West end of Platform 6 at the head of a Wolverhampton express
on 16th June 1950. The LMS had altered the platform numbering in 1946 to a more
logical sequence where each platform face had its own discrete number.
Previously this platform was known as Platform 3. Built at Crewe works in
October 1934, No 45623 was to remain in service until July 1964 when it was
withdrawn from Newton Heath shed in Manchester to be scrapped during September
1965 by the Central Wagon Company of Ince near Wigan.