Birmingham New Street Station
BR Period Locomotives: lnwrbns_br340
Ex-LMS 5MT 4-6-0 No 44687 is seen fitted with Caprotti valve
gear and with a high running plate as it heads an up express service to Euston
in April 1955. Built by Horwich works in May 1951 No 44687 was the last
Caprotti valve gear left in service when it was withdrawn in January 1966 from
Southport shed to be scrapped in March 1966 by J Cashmore of Great Bridge.