Birmingham New Street Station
BR Period Locomotives: lnwrbns_br351
Ex-Midland Railway 2P 4-4-0 No 40461 is seen standing in
Platform 5 at the head of a Wolverhampton stopping service on 7th June 1952. A
member of the Midland Railway's 483 class, No 40461 was built at Derby works in
September 1894 and remained in service until February 1959 when it was
withdrawn from Nottingham shed to be scrapped in April 1959 by Derby works.