Birmingham New Street Station: lnwrbns_str2938
View of the statue of Thomas Attwood, one of Birmingham's
first two MPs, erected in June 1859 at the top of Stephenson Place. The
building behind the statue is the Exchange buildings. Despite the reference on
the postcard to the Midland Station, Birmingham, the nearest railway company
was the LNWR with the Midland Railway being the other side of the station.
However opposite the Exchange building, behind the camera and to the left, was
the Midland Hotel.