Birmingham New Street Station: lnwrbns_str3331
An early 1960s elevated view of New Street station taken
from the rear of the Queens Hotel. In the foreground are the 'temporary'
platform canopies erected to replace the bomb damaged train shed designed by
Edward Cowper. The passenger footbridge, which was not originally enclosed
because it was protected by Cowper's train shed, has now also been protected,
together with the steps to the platform, with corrugated roofing. The building
at the end of the LNWR section of the footbridge can be seen in image 'lnwrbns_str3079' being adjacent to Queens Drive.
The curved train shed beyond is the 1885 extension which was served primarily
by services operating under the control of the Midland Railway and its