Birmingham New Street Station: lnwrbns_str399
Looking West from Navigation Street bridge towards Swallow
Street bridge showing New Street No 5 Signal Cabin on the right and the
recently painted signal gantry on 7th April 1953. On the left is the turntable
with a clerestory coach standing on one of the turntable's longer disposal
roads. The turntable could only be accessed by one road, that seen above, and
had in total nine other roads with eight having a pit for disposal purposes.
The road without the pit was equipped with a LNWR water column to supplement
the other water column which can just be seen through the steam on the left of
the unidentified ex-LMS 2-6-4T locomotive.