This close up of image 'lnwrcov1282a' shows a Sharp 2-2-2ST No 1929 standing at the head of a local passenger train. Number 1929 was built to a Sharp Brothers design at the LNWR Longsight Works, Manchester, in (probably May) 1856. It was originally built as a 2-2-2 tender engine with 15" x 20" inside cylinders and 5' 6" diameter driving wheels. When first built it was listed as No 68 in the LNWR North Eastern Division list. It was renumbered No 468 in August 1857 when the North Eastern Division engines were added to the Northern Division list. Rebuilt as a 2-2-2 saddle tank in 1871 it was again renumbered this time as No 1929 (in the 'duplicate list') in October 1874 and was eventually scrapped at Crewe works on 21st November 1877. So the photograph can be dated to 1874-7.