Workmen from Daimler and Lanchester Cars and the LMS attach a poster to the smokebox of the ex-LNWR 4-6-0 locomotive. The two lamps on either side of No 5472's bufferbeam have a red lens indicating that they are 'tail lights' whereas in the other two photographs (images'lnwrcov3734' and 'lnwrcov3735' they are fitted with a white lens, with one lamp placed on the left of the bufferbeam and the other at the top of the smokebox door which is the head lamp code for a Class 4 working. The LMS categorised this as 'Empty coaching stock train. Fitted freight, fish or cattle train with the continuous brake in use on NOT LESS than one-third vehicles'.
Peter Speding wrote in Volume 6, Edition 10 of the LNWR Society's Journal an article which featured this photograph, 'This is one of a set of five undated photographs found at Nuneaton sometime between 1960 and 1962. They were found in an envelope postmarked 14.11.1932 with a Midland Daily Telegraph label. The postmark date appears consistent with the subject matter of the photographs, each one of which is stamped on the reverse with 'Copyright Photograph by Midland Daily Telegraph and Coventry Herald, Coventry/ The Coventry Telegraph is the successor to the Midland Daily Telegraph and the Coventry Herald and research by their chief librarian revealed no trace of the pictures having been published and, because all the records of the time were destroyed in the Coventry blitz, it is not possible to obtain any other information. The photographs appear to be about the despatch of cars from the Coventry area and are split into two sections, those below taken in Coventry Goods yard and those on the next page showing a train of about twenty long wheelbase vans.