Ex-MR 4-4-0 2P No 40405 is seen standing in line with other locomotives on one of the roads in front of Coventry's shed. The 2P is still in LMS livery although the number on the cab side has been updated with the new BR numbering scheme. The BR numbering scheme simplified the numbering of the 'Big Four' companies as many of their locomotives carried identical numbers. In the case of former LMS locomotives, 40,000 was added to all numbers so LMS No 405 became BR No 40405. Built as MR No 405 by Sharp Stewart in 1892, No 40405 was renumbered thus by BR in June 1948 and remained in service until June 1955 when it was withdrawn from 9A Longsite shed.