Aerial view of Coventry station looking towards Birmingham with the branch to Leamington on the left. Whilst outside our time frame of 1968 this photograph has been included as it provides a comparison the 1919 aerial views of the station. The Nuneaton branch can just be seen leaving the mainline top right. Stoney Road bridge is the first structure crossing the line, Warwick Road bridge is immediately above the station whilst Spencer Park footbridge can be seen at the top crossing a now bare piece of land where once the goods station existed. At this point, in the early 1980s, there was still the occasional siding with some wagons as can be seen in this photograph.
Photograph by John Hyde © Steam Archive