Ex-LNWR 4P Prince of Wales class No 25673 'Lusitania' is seen being admired by school children whilst standing at the head of a local Leamington to Coventry passenger service circa 1936. 'Lusitania' was originally built at Crewe in March 1916 and numbered 1100 by the LNWR. After grouping in November 1927, the LMS re-numbered the locomotive as No 5673 before being subsequently re-numbering into the duplicate list by the addition of 20,000 to her number. British Railways allocated the No 58001 but this was never applied as she was withdrawn from Stafford shed in January 1949 being scrapped the following month at Crewe.
Reg Kimber writes 'Lusitania was probably working a Stafford train (via Coventry and Nuneaton). This was the 4:40 from Coventry and we Bablake pupils used to wait at the Coundon Road gates to see it. Lusitania and Queen of the Belgians worked this train regularly in the years just after the war, both being Stafford locos. They would come down on a morning working from Stafford. Sometimes there would be a loco running in from Crewe Works, Patriot 5511 Isle of Man being an example'.