The interior of Rugby's No 1 Signal Box with two signalmen in attendance - each being responsible for a section of levers etc. The frame in LMS days had 185 levers with all but three working. Levers 1 to 67 were used to control the down traffic and levers 68 to 181 were used to control the up lines. During the re-signalling of 1939 when Clifton Road junction signal cabin was abolished, four levers, marked A, B, C, and D but were placed with the levers controlling the down section.
This is a postcard showing that the above is not the only source of this photograph. If anyone has a copy of the postcard they could supply we would be grateful.