Birmingham New Street - Southern Approaches:
Looking from the former L&BR line towards Landor Street
Junction signal box on 8th September 1957 The three major structures that
dominate the sky line are Nechells Gas Works on the left, Saltley Gas Works in
the centre right position and Saltley shed's twin coaling tower. Lawley Street
Goods station and yard are on the left and in the middle distance is Lawley
Street No 3 signal box. On the right is the line to Camp Hill, originally
called the Aston curve when first built in 1866.