Birmingham New Street - Southern Approaches: mrbhm_sa2318
Looking East from the rear of a Diesel Multiple Unit on the
former Midland lines into New Street at Proof House junction on 9th May 1955.
The DMU has just crossed the bridge carrying the railway over Fazeley Street
and is now descending rapidly to pass under the former GWR line to Snow Hill
before it emerges at New Street station. The signal bridge spanning both the
former LNWR lines on the left and the former MR lines on the right has been
upgraded since the earlier photograph (see image 'lnwrbhm_sa2332') and has been equipped with LMS
upper quadrant signals in lieu of LNWR lower quadrants signals.