Birmingham New Street - Southern Approaches: mrbhm_sa2327
A 25th October 1964 view of Landor Street Junction signal box
built by the Midland Railway in 1896. Beyond the lines to New Street, which
cross behind the signal box, is Lawley Street 'A' signal box and down the line
a little further was Saltley station. The coal bunker is well stocked ready for
keeping the 'bobbies' warm during the winter months. To the right is a
corrugated tin hut which is thought to be the hut referred to by Bob Essery as
the booking on hut for Saltley men.