LMS Route: Evesham to Birmingham
Kings Norton Locomotives: mrkn2010
Ex-LMS 4F 0-6-0 No 44406 is seen at Kings Norton working a
morning local all stations service to New Street. The locomotive was built as
LMS No 4406 in January 1927 by the North British Locomotive Company of Glasgow
and was renumbered as No 44406 by British Railways in August 1949 which it
retained until March 1960 when it was withdrawn to be scrapped.
Photographer Peter Shoesmith courtesy of Geoff