Lawley Street's new goods shed opened in 1945 viewed from the south-east with Landor Street in the foreground. The new shed partly replaced the old shed and warehouse which had been destroyed by fire in 1937, the warehouse facilities being provided separately elsewhere. In Midland Record, issue No 10, published by Wild Swan, Bob Essey provides extensive information from the LMS' commemorative booklet. It quotes that the LMS annually conveyed to and from the City of Birmingham:
Lawley Street was one of twenty-three goods and coal stations within the present (1945) Birmingham Ciry boundary, supported by 900 carriage units and 2,400 cartage vehicles.