LMS Route: Birmingham New Street to Nuneaton
Nuneaton Abbey Street Station: mrna46a
Ex-LMS 8F 2-8-0 No 48336 passes through Abbey Street station
on a freight service bound for Washwood Sidings during the mid 1960s. Behind
the locomotive is the cattle dock and what appears to be an isolated and
redundant signal box. The 8F had been built as LMS No 8336 by Horwich works in
December 1943 and remained in service until December 1967 when it was withdrawn
from 9L Buxton shed.