LMS Route: Birmingham New Street to Nuneaton
Stockingford Station: mrs1078
Both the locomotive's crew and the shunters on Stockingford
branch shunt pose before the camera. The photograph was taken during the early
part of the 20th century as the locomotive was built by Dubs & Company in
1892 as No 2144 and was renumbered as No 3421 in 1907 following the MR's major
renumbering programme. The locomotive lasted in service until 1934 when it was
withdrawn for scrapping.