LMS Route: Birmingham New Street to Nuneaton
Stockingford Shed: mrs1904
Ex-MR 2F 0-6-0 No 3010 stands in store alongside
Stockingford shed's coal stock in the late 1920s. The plate covering the
chimney was to prevent the ingress of water which would otherwise leak into the
cylinders. Built as MR No 1242 by Neilson, Reid & Company in November 1876,
it was allocated 3010 in October 1907 which it retained into LMS ownership
until October 1947 when it was renumbered on the duplicate list as No 23010
which it retained until November 1950 when it was renumbered by BR as No 58182,
the number it carried until January 1964 when it was withdrawn from 15E
Coalville shed to be scrapped by Albert Looms of Spondon.
back

|