LMS Route: Birmingham New Street to Tamworth
LMS Route: Nuneaton to Birmingham New Street
Washwood Heath Sidings: mrwhg635
View of Washwood Heath Sidings No 3 Signal Box with No 4
signal box seen behind and the parachute water tower standing between the two.
Washwood Heath Sidings No 3 Signal Box was opened on 9th September 1900 and was
later modified with a new set of frames and levers. As with the other signal
boxes at Washwood Heath Sidings, No 3 was decommissioned to be converted into a
shunting frame on 24th August 1969 on the opening of the district power box.
2nd May 1970