Ex-MR 2F 0-6-0 No 58186 stands hard against the buffers in the stowage siding opposite the goods yard in March 1962. This siding was once the cattle and loading dock. Note the tarpaulin tied to the chimney to prevent the ingress of rainwater. Without this precaution water would have entered the cylinders and caused damage preventing the locomotive from free running. Built by Neilson, Reid & Company in 1876 as MR No 1246, a member of SW Johnson's 1146 class, it was rebuilt to its final form with a Diagram G6 boiler in 1920. Renumbered by the Midland Railway as No 3014 June 1907, it was renumbered by the LMS as No 23014 in September 1947 before being renumbered by British Railways as No 58186 in February 1949. It was withdrawn from Burton shed (17B) in February 1961.